Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Alternator belt change

This update should have been made in the last week.

For the past few weeks there was metal clicking sound from the engine bay. Since the Ipsum uses timing chain, I assume the sound was from the timing chain.

One fine morning last week, the sound became louder than usual. I stopped the engine, opened the engine hood and found that the alternator belt has splitted into two.

Not wanting to take any risk, I rang Kurnia Auto Assist who came helping me to bring thw Ipsum to the garage. I was told that the car could still be driven to the garage but if the belt snapped, the car would stop anyway.

RM125 of belt (Bando) and RM20 of labour costs settled the problem and killed the sound.

The belt should last 50,000 km.

Mobile Blogger on E71

No comments: