Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Genting We Went

Yesterday morning I travelled to Genting Highland. I made the booking for a deluxe room at the Resort Hotel. As this is the low season, I got a really affordable rate for the room.

I filled in with Shell Super prior to entering the PLUS highway (Gombak toll Plaza).

The Drive

Along this post, the comparison I made shall be with my Perdana V6. I noted that such comparison is unpracticable since both vehicle does not belong to the same category. But, it is the only comparison available to me since I have only driven these vehicles on this particular route.

The Power - never lacking of it. Never I feel that I need more power. The engine chose the right gear and deliver the right power everytime. With Perdana, sometime I had to accelerate more to ask the vehicle to choose a lower gear.

The limitation was the Ipsum's handling. It feels like the vehicle is ever willing to tackle each corner but something is pulling the Ipsum from behind or side. Unlike Perdana which is willing to tackle any corner but the power is limited sometime.

For the record, I was travelling with my wife and 2 babies. Driving moderately to avoid any bad consequences.

Overall, I think the drive was terrific. Unless I needed to be quick, there is no complaint with my Ipsum.

No comments: