Tuesday, April 22, 2008

DVD Voice Navigation

I have been searching for map data download from the Internet, featuring Malaysian and Singapore maps for quite sometime. I was hoping that the map download can then be burned into a DVD-ROM to replace this original DVD-ROM which came with the car.


Hopefully, the 6.5" LCD screen would then be able to display Malaysian map.

I tried to browse the contents of the DVD-ROM, but no hope for any links. I have also browsed Pioneer Corporation Webpages (their name is on the DVD-ROM), but no news about GPS Navigation so far.

On top of the DVD-ROM stated -

Aisin AW Co Ltd
Pioneer
Toyota Mapmaster Inc
Zenrin Co Ltd
Shobunsha Publ. Inc.
Made in Japan (c) 2002

2 comments:

cpnnz said...

I like your write-ups about Ipsum ownership. Have just got one from Japan for my wife. I am missing the Japanese DVD-ROM for the navigation system, which I know won't work here in NZ, but unit keeps asking for the disc... would love to get my hands on an ISO image to write to a disc...

pardu said...

Maps We Go - GPS, Voice Navigation & Directions application will help users to find driving directions and navigations with simple Voice commands.