Thursday, April 3, 2008

Tyres Replacement

Last week I realized that all tyres on my Ipsum are not that roundish in shape. Tyreshop told me that this is normal because the cause are the joining of the rubber.

Not wanting to take any risk, I look for replacement.

205/60/16 is not a common size to many. So far, only Peugeot 407 uses them. Price is different at about RM100. Good 15" usually priced below RM300. For my Ipsum's 16", price is between RM300 (fair quality) to RM600 (imported).

Few tyres were considered.

Goodyear NCT5 - I have not read any good review about this tyre (from Forum). So, this is not an option.

Toyo Teo Plus - according to some review I read, this is a good tyre for entry level. For RM380, I think it is overpriced.

Yokohama C-Drive - not a comfort or performance tyre, it is in between the two. RM285 is cheap but Philippine's made. Heard that this tyre does not last long, so I avoided them.

Bridgestone GR80 - RM450 per piece is not cheap. But I think it should be worth it. But a friend who used them and shift to Michelin XM1 told me that XM1 is surprisingly good in the wet. So, I think I should use Michelin as well.

Now I'm waiting for the arrival of my MXV8. I insisted for 2008 made tyres.

I have also considered Continental. I would love to have those in my Ipsum but the locally made does not cater the size and the other models (imported one) is just not within my budget nor I think it is suitable for an Ipsum, an MPV / people mover.

Falken? Vredestein? Maxxis? Dunlop? Sime? Silverstone? Pirelli? Would love to consider these if I have the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, I am using C.drive 185/60R14on my Wira and A.drive on my Kancil. C is made in Japan and A is from Phillipine.

C had done 50k km (very obvious as I have reached the 50% indicator)to date and has 50% thread left. My wira weighs around 1250kg. So the C actually fares very well in terms of durability and I don't drive gently in corners (that's why I got the Cs for!)

Very good in dry or wet but never excellent. Above average silence.

Mobile Blogger said...

Thanks ts.

If only I can get the Japanese made C-Drive to fit on mine.