Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tyres













It is now more expensive to travel than before the increase in petrol price.

Rumors are circulating that many prices are going up including tyres.

Last weekend I was told that the standard tyres for Perodua Viva have increased from RM150 per piece to RM210 per piece.

The standard tyres for Naza Ria have increased in price from RM2xx to RM3xx.

I contacted my tyre dealer - City Tyre (Michelin at Taman Pelangi, Johor Bahru), no price change for me because of the arrangement I made before this.

Unfortunately the Michelin MXV8 has been out of stock again.

I found out from Auto Express, UK (September 2006 review / test) that Yokohama C.Drive is actually not a bad tyre. Thus, I ordered the same for RM290 per piece, made in Philippine inclusive of balancing.

The tyres should arrive soon.

2 comments:

Desmond said...

How's Yoko C Drive compared to MXV8 ? I have planned for XM1 with a broader size of 215/60/R16.

Mobile Blogger said...

Sorry Desmond, didn't notice your post.

MXV8 is definitely a better tyre compared to the C.Drive. Like the MXV8 the C.Drive is comfortable and good aquaplanning, but the MXV8 is more quiet and better at corners.

My tyre shop recommended the 215/60/R16 too but I didn't dare to change to other than the stock size. Now, I think wider tyres is better for cornering. Comfort might be sacrificed though.