My experience of purchasing and owning an imported used car from Japan - a 2003 Ipsum 240i Type S (a Mid-Size MPV by Toyota)
Tuesday, July 28, 2009
Wish and Ipsum and Estima
1. No second blower.
2. Ok made quality - brand new CBU around RM150k.
3. Price around RM120k for 2004 made.
4. Can seat 7, but third row not really for adult.
5. With all seats up, not much space for luggage for long holiday.
6. Tall - car like (handles like car).
7. Made for less market - less volume, less quality? May be I'm wrong.
8. This model is positioned above Altis and below Camry in Toyota's product range.
9. I don't know if Wish ever won any award.
10. Basic comfort (NVH).
11. Good fuel economy at the expense of power?
12. 2nd and 3rd row when folded - give flat floor for bigger luggage.
13. Mini MPV same as Stream, Mazda 5, etc.
1. Got second blower.
2. Better made quality - brand new price CBU RM250k (the price difference is great compared to Wish - great difference in quality?).
3. Price difference only around RM15k compared to Wish of the same 2004 made, but Ipsum with 2.4cc engine and brand new price difference about RM100k.
4. Can seat 7 adults.
5. With all seats up, bigger space for luggage even if compared with Estima - because Ipsum has got underneath storage.
6. Slightly taller than Wish - still car like for handling.
7. This model is sold in many countries - better quality? I think so because more volume, and need to cater many safety requirements.
8. This model is positioned above Camry in Toyota's product range. The replacement (Toyota doesn't say so) - Mark X Zio is positioned even higher. If this is correct, what does it mean? Mark X Zio is like Merc R-class of Toyota.
9. Ipsum / Avensis Verso was the Best People Mover in Australia for 3 years till 2003 until it was snapped up by the current Oddysey.
10. Good comfort (NVH).
11. Good fuel economy and good power to weight ratio.
12. 2nd and 3rd row when folded - give flat floor for bigger luggage and still have underneath storage.
13. Proper MPV same as Oddysey, Grandis.
1. Got second blower.
2. This is the more expensive of all, quality should be no issue.
3. Brand new CBU price is around RM280k, right?
4. Can seat up to 8 adults.
5. All seats up, bigger storage than Wish but not Ipsum.
6. Tall MPV - not car like handling.
7. This model is also sold in many countries - quality is proven issue.
8. I don't know where Estima is positioned but definitely higher than Wish / Ipsum but lower than Alphard?
9. No need award - proven model already.
10. I have no idea of NVH for this but logic tells me that it should be better than Wish / Ipsum.
11. Good fuel economy at the expense of power (for 2.4 cc)?