Tuesday, February 19, 2008

GPS Navigation Head Unit

I managed to try a DVD movie on the 'DVD Player' located underneath the front passenger. Unfortunately, it is NOT a DVD player. It will not play any DVD Movie. However, there is a set of RCA input for Video and Audio below the dashboard. Thus, my portable DVD player can be hooked up with those input and the LCD display will become the monitor.

The only problem currently remaining is, the video will only be displayed when the vehicle is stationary, handbrake is on and the gear is parked at 'P'. Otherwise, only the sound will be heard. The screen will remain blank.

I have sent my Ipsum to have the radio re-chipped. Before the process I thought -

  1. the radio will display normal frequencies - i'll get era from 104.5 frequency ;
  2. the radio will function like any other car radio.
I'm wrong. With re-chip, the frequencies will remain the frequencies which are originally set at factory AND I have to choose on which range of radio frequencies I like most. According to the installer, they usually set the middle frequencies because most liked stations are located here. Unfortunately for me, I have to settle for the higher end of the frequencies because my favourite station can only be located here.

Changing the head unit is a no go because I need the display for my front and reverse cameras. It can be done, but very costly.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hie i tried to connect a dvd player via the connectors below the dashboard but nothing shows on the radio monitor. is there an option to switch to av mode on the radio or its supposed to automatically show the video once connected