Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Took Delivery

I took delivery of my car at 11.40 am this morning. It does not feel like taking delivery of a brand new car. I have never taken delivery of any used car before, so I can't tell if it is the same. This is my most expensive motorcar purchase so far, but I get better satisfaction when taking delivery of my brand new Proton Perdana V6.

Perhaps I have put my expectation to high. I was hoping that the drive would be as comfortable and as silent as a 2001 Harrier. The comfort might be just a little bit less but the silent (NVH) is definitely not anyway better or close to that Harrier.

I might be wrong because I am so used to driving my Perdana V6 where the tappet noise can be heard from the driver's seat. In this Ipsum the engine is so silent, instead replaced with the tyre noise (air sound / bump). All in all, I think the comfort and NVH is better than my Perdana V6.

My car is fitted with a Goodyear tyres which is not sold in Malaysia (I think they are from Japan). I have a feeling that the tyre is not suitable for Malaysian road. I remember that when my Perdana V6 was fitted with Bridgestone Potenza GIII, I had the same harsh feeling. Later when the same was replaced with Michelin MXV8, the ride becomes much more liveable with.

My car is still due for touching-up (paint) and re-chip (radio frequency). That should be done after the Chinese New Year holiday.

So far, I am satisfied with the power provided by the engine. It is responsive and more than enough for a people carrier. I am wondering how much further this has been improved over the original setup because my car is fitted with G-Ready E-management.

I also found out that the front camera is more of a gimmick rather than practical because it does not really help when you want to see how close you are from the front object. Perhaps, this is not the purpose of which the camera is fitted.

I am dissatisfied with the vibration that came from the engine when the gear is on 'D' and the car is not moving. I think this can be rectified by the dealer before the warranty period ends.

I am yet to test whether the DVD player can really play DVD movie. Will do it late this afternoon.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi there, I was wondering what was the problem in the end? I also have an Ipsum with the same problem. Vibration when in "D" and not moving. I notice that my rev is around 600RPM when it starts vibrating. It's alright in the morning when the car is cold. Looking forward to your reply. Cheers. :)

P.S. Nice blog! :)

Mobile Blogger said...

Hi,

The vibration was gone after all engine mountings were replaced. This was covered by the 1 month warranty by Mutiara Motors.